Dory Aoun is a Cinematographer based in Sweden, known for his artistic and technical sophisticated filming. In addition to shooting hundreds of commercials on 35mm film, Dory Aoun became one of the most experienced Cinematographers in Digital Cinematography worldwide.
Dory modified in 2005 a Special High-Speed Camera which he used to shoot all the high speed scenes of the 6 Oscar winner movie “The Hurt Locker”, then shot all the High-Speed scenes of the Visual Effects award winner movie “The Viral Factor” in 2011, and special scenes for the USA network series "Covert Affairs”.
Beside his talents in aerial and field shooting, Dory has a large experience in High-Speed shooting, tabletop, Milo Motion Control, Cyclops and Bolt rigs.
- Shot all the High-Speed Scenes of the 6 Oscars winner "The Hurt Locker" including "Best Picture".
- The High-Speed scenes of "The Hurt Locker” won the best slow motion moments of all time by Cinefix
- Shot all the High-Speed Scenes of "The Viral Factor" winner of "Best Special Effects".
- Finalist in London International Advertising Awards for Carpet Plus (Medicis) as Director of Photography.
- Phoenix Award for Intracom (Impact/BBDO) as Director / DoP, Lebanon Advertising Awards.
- Gold, Bronze and Silver Awards for JPP (Team Y&R) as Director of Photography, Jordanian Advertising awards.
- Gold Award for Ghazalein (Team Y&R) as Director of Photography, Jordanian Advertising Awards.
- Bronze Award for Fastlink (Saatchi & Saatchi) as Director of Photography, Jordanian Advertising Awards.
Feature Films / TV
- 2012 The Viral Factor - Dir. Dante Lam
- 2012 Covert Affairs( Ep 13 - Season 3 )
- 2008 The Hurt Locker - Dir. Kathryn Bigelow
Kathryn Bigelow, Dante Lam, Roger Spottiswoode, Steve Campbell, Maurizio Longhi, Ricardo Rinetti, Sherif Sabri,
Chris Bartle, Rudolf Mestdagh, Alexis Sweet, Sean Fitzpatrick, Ernesto Cinzi...
Pepsi, Sony, Absolute (Sweden), McDonald's (Stockholm), Nestle-Milo, Pampers, Nesquik, Toyota, J&B, Dove, ExxonMobile, American Garden, McDonald's, Galaxy, Pringles, Nescafe, Grohe, Braun (International), Mirinda, SGBL Bank, Abro Beer (Sweden), Rim Sparkling Water, Dewars, Stadium (Sweden), MBC, Zain Telecom, Lays, Burger King
Directed and produced the remake of the famous theatrical play of Ziad Rahbani “Film Ameriki Tawil”.